Second Announcement on University-Based COVID-19 Booster Vaccinations (3rd Inoculations): Implementation Schedule and Eligibility
Updated on: April 13, 2022 February 16, 2022
Keio University Infection Response Center for COVID-19
Keio University announced on January 12 that it is planning to implement university-based COVID-19 booster vaccinations (3rd inoculations) for students, faculty, and staff members. We are now pleased to further announce that specific details about dates and eligibility have been finalized.
- First period: March 22 (Tues.) to March 31 (Thurs.) *10-days straight including weekend
- Second period: May 21 (Sat.), May 22 (Sun.), May 28 (Sat.), May 29 (Sun.)
*We will no longer offer inoculations on May 22 (Sun.) or May 29 (Sun.)
Below is an overview of the first booster vaccination period.
○ Start date for reservations March 11 (Fri.) *Detailed information about procedures will be announced in early March.
○ Booster vaccination venue 5F South School Building, Mita Campus, Keio University
○ Eligibility Persons aged 18-65 years of age or older for whom at least six months have elapsed since they received their second dose of the vaccine and who are in possession of a 3rd vaccination voucher sent by their local authorities (vaccination is non-mandatory.)
- Undergraduate students, graduate school students, and Correspondence Course students (enrolled as of March 1, 2022) *Booster vaccinations for those who will enroll from April are planned for the second period.
- Faculty and staff members and their cohabiting family members - Persons who work on a Keio University campus, including some contractors
Only those who have previously received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for booster vaccinations. It is your responsibility to confirm how many doses you have already received. Please only make a reservation if this will be your third inoculation.
○ Vaccine type Takeda/Moderna manufactured vaccine
An overview of the second period of the vaccination program is scheduled to be announced in late April.