A state of emergency has been declared in Tokyo Metropolis and the three surrounding prefectures in response to the serious situation regarding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus disease.)
In light of this situation, Keio University will implement the measures given below in consideration of the need to prioritize protecting the health and safety of its students, faculty and staff members, and related parties, and preventing the spread of infection, as well as to ensure it can continue its educational, research, and healthcare activities hereafter.
1. In principle, access to each campus and use of respective facilities will be managed as to date; however, we strongly urge you to refrain from all non-essential and non-urgent use of university facilities for the foreseeable future. Please comply with the instructions at respective campuses with regard to the specifics.
Ref.: Use of campus facilities (from the Fall Semester) [Updated on: Jan. 12, 2021]
2. Face-to-face exams as part of final examinations for the Fall Semester of the 2020 academic year at each campus will be canceled (excluding some faculties and graduate schools) and exam formats will be changed. Please check keio.jp for details.
3. Please comply with instructions from the offices of the Keio University Athletic Association and Student Affairs Center regarding extracurricular activities by student groups.
4. We strongly urge Keio students to exercise further vigilance in implementing thorough measures to prevent infections and refrain from eating in groups.
Ref.: [Important notice] Request for self-restraint following the declaration of a state of emergency [Jan. 8, 2021]
5. General student screenings for undergraduate faculties in the 2021 academic year, including schedules, will be implemented in line with the guidelines for general student screenings.
Ref.: General student screenings in the 2021 academic year under the state of emergency (Japanese) [Jan. 8, 2021]