The Historic Heart of
Mita Campus has been Keio University's main campus since it moved here in 1871 from the site of Yukichi Fukuzawa's private school for Dutch studies, which was founded in 1858. The gothic, red-brick library built in 1912, a symbol of Keio University for nearly a century, now serves as an archive and venue for functions, and it is recognized as an Important Cultural Property by the Japanese Government.
Mita Campus is home to four undergraduate faculties: Letters Economics, Law (including Political Science), and Business and Commerce, and six graduate schools in the corresponding fields with the addition of Human Relations and the Law School.
*The inside of the Mita Public Speaking Hall (Mita Enzetsu-kan), an Important Cultural Property is not open to visitors.